[DeTomaso] Clutch help

CoatesR8 at aol.com CoatesR8 at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 10:35:37 EDT 2009

I could do with some help    guys .

took my car to the Goodwood Revival meeting last weekend (Sorry you were
not there Mr Drew, but nice to see Charlie McCall again) .

At the end of day one on arrival back at Mike Millers ( where we were
staying ) I noticed the car was difficult to get in gear and once in  ,was even
more difficult to get out.  First press of the pedal is OK   but keep your
foot down and the car will start to creep. So bad that we  took Mary's Z3
on the Sunday. Limped home with it with major hold  up's on the M25 .

I know the problem is a hydraulic one  but which cylinder is it and  how do
you test it?

The car is a GT5S 1989 it has one of Dennis's Hydraulic release bearings
and I think one of his 3/4 bore master cylinders.

Thanks in anticipation .

Roger Coates UK

I do not want to pull the box out if it is not  necessary.