[DeTomaso] Fw: Looking For a Hall Pantera Oil Fill Cap

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sat Sep 19 14:30:16 EDT 2009

Will

 I am using Peterson risers and breather.  A pic available at their website
is http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/Photos/brthr.jpg  The riser is actually
another inch or two into the aircleaner in that picture. They are pricey and
you will need to weld on the base threaded nut to the valve cover; but, they
are terrific quality.  I am using them on two Panteras.  I have included a
pic of my car for you that will be scrubbed from the list.

A benefit of these risers is that they are baffled and allow you to raise
the PCV valve several inches above the valve cover to reduce oil suction
into the intake manifold.  I actually mounted (seen in the picture) a small
transparent drier between the PCV and the carb that permits me to see the
oil still bypassing the PCV valve.  It is minimal. The drier installation is
temporary.

Peterson does not sell a PCV grommet for their risers.  Thus, I used JB Weld
to glue a washer like piece of metal to the top of the riser that would hold
a grommet to mount the PCV.  It works like a charm.  On the other valve
cover, I run the riser with an air filter.

No oil leaks with this unit!

JT