[DeTomaso] Fw: Looking For a Hall Pantera Oil Fill Cap

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 19 09:22:02 EDT 2009

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you might consider looking
in a local circle-track (dirt track) speed shop.

If you're using a normal PCV, you can get a PCV grommet from the Mustang
supply stores.  Ask for a 67 Shelby GT500 PCV grommet.  They will also have
breather caps for all the Mustangs, so you could, for example, ask for a 71
351 Boss breather.

You might consider taking your valve covers to a tig welder and have a
standoff tube and an A/N adapter welded on.  The standoff makes it harder to
suck oil.

If you want a positive connection to the valve covers (not the cheap push on
breathers for evac systems), try looking in the dry sump catalogs.  They're
going to have something that will attach to the valve cover.  For the
longest time, I planned on using breathers from "shogunsystems" pn=E42798.
It came with a positive attachment to the V/C, a body like a normal breather
and an A/N fitting.  I've never held one in my hand, though.  I just saw it
in a magazine.  I'm not even sure if it's still available.