[DeTomaso] Stress Cracks

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 21:48:44 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/18/09 2:16:16 PM, threemacs at aol.com writes:

> I have noticed what looks like stress cracks coming diagonally from the
> bottom left (left tail light) and bottom right (right tail light) Does any
> one know what the best fix is for this condition?

That is area #3 (both sides) of the known stress-crack areas commonly found
in the steel Pantera monococque. Under the taillights, paint and body-lead
are a series of overlapping sheet-metal seams, spot-welded together. Big
tires, rough roads, a stock bay-brace- all influence paint cracking from body
flex. The only known fix is to strip the paint, seam-weld the area and
repaint. Other repairs are cosmetic and only work if you no longer stress the car.
Sorry- J Deryke