[DeTomaso] Saga of the slave cylinder ( or "free the Slave cylinders!)

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 19:04:12 EDT 2009

I have been screwing around with this for so long I feel like the slave. I
finally got everything working. I got the clutch lever adjusted so the
shifter goes into first and reverse seamlessly with no noise or problem
shifting. After I put everything back together I drove the car around the
block , everything was fine. I parked the car and proceeded to clean up the
tools and mess in the garage from having the car stuck half in and half out
for the past two weeks. When I went  back to pull the car in the clutch
wasn't disengaging again. I quickly determined that the fitting that goes
between the SS braided line and the Slave was leaking fluid. Is this an area
that should be treated with loctite or some other sealant to prevent leaking
at the fittings? I have everything put away for the night and I want to get
this fixed once and for  all. I am tired of screwing around with this.
Boyd