[DeTomaso] Mangusta rack

Jay james at ground-control.com
Fri Sep 18 14:29:28 EDT 2009

The guy with the orange motor said:

"Has anyone adjusted the steering on a Mangusta?
There is a big lock-nut on the rack and I have briefly opened and removed
the rack cover but could not see any change when moving it.
I am going to put a new fiber pad in between the column and the rack and
would adjust it if I had a clue about what to look for.

My steering shaft now has some vertical play, about a1/16 of an inch that
results in a sharp metallic sound when the front suspension has a harsh
impact. "
\

When you say vertical do you mean axial, as in towards and from you? Or do
you really mean vertical as in up and down, radial to the steering shaft?

I have a Mangusta rack available, and I will be happy to dissect it.

--
James Morris