[DeTomaso] parts mix up with new slave

STEVEN BLUM steveblum2 at msn.com
Thu Sep 17 19:46:16 EDT 2009

Boyd,

It is amazing that I had a very similiar experience with Wilkenson over the same item. I had the red flex line start leaking so I ordered that part, then decided to order the slave cylinder, then found I needed the clevis pin and retaining rings. Then when I went to attach the line to the slave I found that the fitting connecting the flex line to the slave cylinger was different than the one I removed from the old cylinder. The cost of the replacement was bad enought but have to pay shipping and handling a fourth time was what really made me feel ripped off. I ended up paying over $60 in shipping and handling charges that could have been avoided with some help from Steve during our conversations as to replacing the slave cylinder. It was probably due as much to my inexperience but I think he should be use to dealing with home mechanics and giving us guidance and suggestions so we avoid this type of situation.

Steve