[DeTomaso] parts mix up with new slave

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:11:29 EDT 2009

I owe Steve Wilkinson an apology. The mix up was not in the parts it was in
my misunderstanding. When I ordered the Braided  Stainless Steel  clutch
line ( with specific instructions that is was as a replacement for the red
plastic line) and the new slave cylinder I mistakenly assumed that contained
everything I needed for a complete assembly and replacement of the old slave
and old line. The fact is that I needed to use the one adapter piece that
goes between the slave cylinder and the old red plastic line to connect the
braided stainless line to the slave cylinder. So it was my mistake and
inexperience with my Pantera that was the problem The adapter with threads
on both ends that connects the line under the car through me off. When I
couldn't match the stainless line to the slave cylinder I never got to the
point of exploring the connection under the car.  I have to say in spite of
the fact that the mistake is mine I still can't believe that what should be
a few dollar part is $45.00. I should have it gold plated and mounted on a
plaque to serve as a reminder to make sure I know what I am doing before I
waste money  and order another expensive mistake.
Boyd