[DeTomaso] parts mix up with new slave

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 17 16:19:13 EDT 2009

I had a similar situation when I took The Winged Warrior, with new engine, to watch the Silver State Challenge this past May.
The long throw slave cylinder had a different thread on the fitting. It would not screw onto the stock red plastic hose fitting. The stock fitting had a different diameter and would not screw into the long throw slave.
I tried a different stock slave, which was so jammed up from sitting for a year, that it caused the red plastic line to come off the plug, squirting brake fluid straight into my eyes (while bleeding the air). DO NOT USE THAT PLASTIC LINE.
If you have the correct stainless line (AN-4, I think) you should be able to locate fittings to connect to both the stock steel line as well as the slave.
Dan Courtney