[DeTomaso] parts mix up with new slave

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Sep 16 14:11:31 EDT 2009

Dear Boyd,

That sounds like quite a mess. I have changed out the red plastic line for the braided steel replacement on both of my Panteras and the replacement task was very straightforward. I am at a loss to explain the lack of fitment between your braided line and the slave cylinder (is that right?) and, I think, the hard clutch line. I would not recommend pressing on with the red plastic line. Although it has worked on some cars for over thirty years, it *ain't* really hydraulic line and can fail.

I would direct your efforts to the fitment problems with the braided line. I imagine you bought all three parts from the same vendor and I would expect that they would be able to talk you through the connection to the slave and the clutch hard line. They would also be able to replace the broken (?) slave cylinder with the bum bleed screw.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles