[DeTomaso] Silver State is a GO

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Sep 16 10:21:35 EDT 2009

Team Pantera Racing has at least two drivers with their Panteras entered
and ready to run the race on Sunday.  Dennis (Mad Dog) Antenucci in his
ever popular blue rocket and joining him this year is Scott Couchman.

Scott is driving his Yellow w/Black stripes 1972 Pre-L Pantera with a
mildly modified 351C, full roller valve train, aluminum pistons and a
slightly rumpy cam.  He's looking to tech at 140 but not sure exactly
what target speed he's going to run yet.  After failing to pass tech
last year due to tire issues, Scott is ready with some new Mustang
Bullit wheels in 17x8 and 18x9 shod with Continental Sport Contact 2
tires.  He communicated with the Tire Tech guy for Silver State ahead of
time to make sure his selected rubber would pass tech for the Pantera.

No word on the speed bracket Mad Dog will be entered in.  It could be
150, 160 or maybe he's getting even bolder.

We've been hearing some from Dan Courtney lately, racing his Beast
around closed tracks.  No word from him if he plans on running Silver
State this year or not, but we wouldn't be too surprised if he showed up
to give Dennis a run for his money.  (note:  The 5 Million dollars is
not being offered this year)

The pair are leaving this morning on their way to Ely.  Hopefully we'll
be hearing from them both later tonight from the hotel.

Please join me in wishing them the best for this years event.
Asa Jay

--
Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie