[DeTomaso] Ignition Switch

J. Sean Keane spleen at spamcop.net
Wed Sep 16 00:36:37 EDT 2009

Now that I finally sorted out the problem with my turn signal switch,
the ignition switch is giving me problems.  I drove my Pantera to a
local business, and when I got in to drive home, the key would not go
all of the way in, so the key wouldn't turn.  One phone call to a
locksmith, one hour, and $65 later, I was able to drive home, but the
locksmith warned me that I needed a new ignition switch.  He removed a
broken piece from the switch, but there's no telling when it might fail
again.  What are my options?  Are ignition switches available and, if
so, from whom?  What about a more modern replacement?  Has anyone tried
that?

Regards,

J. Sean Keane