[DeTomaso] Cruise control again--you how one project causes something else to break...?

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Sep 15 12:07:28 EDT 2009

That's good.  I actually found some numbers stamped on the angle drive I have:  50-0804 with a 2 below it as wel as an H.

Sincerely,

Chris

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:06:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Cruise control again--you how one project causes something else to break...?
To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; Fresnofinches at aol.com; detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 9/15/09 7 27 5, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

Thanks for the into.  Due to some modifications I've made, getting to the back of the speedo is difficult.  Is there any other way I could check?  Isn't there something on the old unit that would give me an idea of which one it is?  My speedo is miles per hour.

Fortuately, you have a 'standard' car.  Of the four variations in angle drive, the other three are almost never encountered.  I don't know what sort of markings they have to differentiate one from the other though.  I think there are some physical differences in the housings between some of them, while others have their differences only internally.