[DeTomaso] Cruise control again--you how one project causes something else to break...?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Sep 15 11:22:32 EDT 2009

Christopher Kimball skrev:
> Dear Larry,
>
> Thanks for the into.  Due to some modifications I've made, getting to the back of the speedo is difficult.  Is there any other way I could check?  Isn't there something on the old unit that would give me an idea of which one it is?  My speedo is miles per hour.

The angle drives are easy to identify. The VDO drives have VDO cast in
the housing and the threads on the cable is the same as on the nut to
the ZF, AFAIK. The Borletti drive has smaller threads in the cable end,
M18x1.5, and the in and out shafts are slightly offset. The VDO drive is
bright aluminum color while the Borletti drive is greenish.

This is a picture of my Borletti drive (KPH version):
http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/efi/vss.jpeg

MPH speedos have 1610 revs per mile, and you will not likely get
anything other than an MPH drive from any vendor in the US.

> Sincerely,
>
> Chris

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21