[DeTomaso] Mangusta wins its GT1 class at Silverstone

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Tue Sep 15 04:25:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,
Happy to announce to the Forum that a DT Mangusta has won its class at
Classic Endurance Racing in Silverstone this week end, beating Ford GT40,
Porsche 911 ST, Chevrolet Corvette, Ferrari 275 GTB4 and a "what am I doing
here ? " MGC GT.
The Mangusta was driven by Heiko OSTMANN, who has been a regular entrant in
the Series all year long.
Not only is it really unusual to see a Mangusta racing in Europe, especially
at this level, but even rarer, beating GT40's !
See results on www.classicenduranceracing.com.
Classic Endurance racing is among the top of European Classic series,
grouping protos and GTs from 1966 to 1979, and is a qualifying series for Le
Mans Classic, also organized by Peter Auto.
I hope to have my factory Candy Pantera approved for LMC 2010 in a few
months, and to be as successful as last year .
Patrick