[DeTomaso] 2nd gear downshift grind

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:24:18 EDT 2009

Dan,

I think labor for pulling a ZF apart for inspection these days starts around $2500, the syncros run around the $350 mark each if I remember correctly and if you have the taller 5th installed at the same time it'll probably add $1500 to the overall cost. Either way I'd guess you are looking at sinking $5K plus into it.

Lloyd (RBT) is the go to guy to have all the parts and do it right.

Larry Stock sends his ZF work out to Intrepid Racing here in Reno and they are costly Dennis Quella apparently uses replacement brass syncros, which some argue against.

Julian