[DeTomaso] sears platinum battery marine pm-1

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 14:47:19 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/13/09 10:09:35 AM, deserttwist at juno.com writes:

> Back in may Richard Barkley was telling about the best batteries to buy,
> now Sears has the Marine PM-1 on sale for 229.00, my question is, the sales
> person tells me that battery is slightly bigger than the Platinum Gr 34
> P-1. Does this battery still fit in my 73 Pantera? So confused, Sue

Assuming your '73 does not have the convenient dropped battery in the front
trunk, likely almost any battery will fit. Just be sure the post
configurations match the car so you don't have to bow-string the cables across the
battery top. Most will add protective rubber covers to the positive lead so the
top-post type battery cannot under any condition touch the corner of the
front trunk lid. If you have a side post battery, this is not necessary.
If the car does have a dropped battery or you are planning to do so soon,
that's where you can find a battery that won't easily fit the hole in the
trunk floor, since the width of the hole that can be cut is limited. Good luck-
J Deryke