[DeTomaso] Kuhmo Tires

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 19:56:08 EDT 2009

Back in June, before the Run 2 Reno, I put Ecsta XS 245/40 17 on the front
and 315/35 17 on the rear of 6328.  Over the old, hard Pirellis, it was a
world of difference.  Out on the track they didn't loose grip at all during
the Thursday "much faster than it was supposed to be thanks to Mike Drew"
noon drive-around.  They won the dry side of the recent auto-X tire shootout
that Car & Driver conducted, but their one word for them in the wet was
"diabolical".  Very unpredictable with an instant break-away.  Now, that was
at track speeds.  We ran into a fair amount of rain in the mountains around
and South of Klamath Falls, OR, and I was hanging on tight, but they never
seemed to loose grip.

For the price, I would give them a huge thumbs up.  Also, I could have had
the 335's for only $15 more per tire.  Beat that with a rubber hose will ya
. . . .

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest