[DeTomaso] Engine Lift Plate Question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Sep 11 17:07:59 EDT 2009

Dear Art,

Just to add to all the other helpful comments already made; it was recommended to me, and I took the advice, to raise up the back of the car somewhat when extracting the engine.  It helps the angle to be better for getting the engine lifted out, and it also helps move the back window away from the dreaded glass-cracking distributor.

Once the engine is part way out you may want to lower the car back to normal; I can't remember exactly how we did it the last time we pulled my enigne, but whatever we did, it worked.

Sincerely,

Chris