[DeTomaso] Ignition ket stuck in lock

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:13:11 EDT 2009

So, there you have it, based on all the information, I'd get some cleaner
spray and dislodge any gunk that might be causing it to stick, then give it
a pull, if that works, then squirt some graphite powder in there for next
time, if it doesn't work right away, try getting the graphite powder in
there while it's stuck and give it a shot.  You might also give it a shot of
compressed air those either a can or a hose if you have a compressor.

The next thing would be to remove it and try to pull it out with more force
or at least a better angle of attack or simply replace it.

good Luck,

Let us know what happens,

Michael Shortt

--