[DeTomaso] Ignition ket stuck in lock

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 14:42:46 EDT 2009

WD40 is not meant for use in locks.  While it may have a temporary
improvement, over time it will serve as a dust and dirt magnet;
returning you to the problem you now have.

Micro-powdered graphite is the accepted lubricant for lock tumblers.
Usually comes in a squeezable plastic tube to squirt the powder into
the lock; not really an option in this case with the key blocking
access..

I do think I have seen it in an aerosol package, probably using a
propellant that will leave no residue? That might work its way past
the stuck key.

Larry