[DeTomaso] MANGUSTA ZF FLUID / Dick Ruzzin

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Sep 11 03:38:24 EDT 2009

Mike,

The dash-1 is not much different from a dash-2 oil volume wise. I had
the bare cases of a dash-1 and a dash-2 side by side during my rebuild.
No big difference. I can fill my dash-1 with about 3 liters before it
reaches the side plug just like a dash-2. Overall size is as you say
very similar with all the mounting points on the outside identical. I'd
be very curious to know what dash-1 manual Dick saw the 2 liter figure
in. The commonly available ZF manual that covers the dash-2 and
dash-nothing lists a similar figure for the dash-nothing. I must have
read a hundred times that the manual covers dash-1 and dash-2 but having
torn a dash-1 apart I can tell you that this is not the case. The dash-1
has much more in common with the dash-2 than it has in common with the
dash-nothing. Jack provided me with exploded view parts drawings for the
dash-1 in the same style as the ZF manual so maybe there is a dash-1
manual out there like the one we're used to seeing but so far I haven't
seen it.

Tomas