[DeTomaso] Sexy Engine Bay

Chris Difani cdifani at comcast.net
Thu Sep 10 02:33:44 EDT 2009

Gary:

Nice work, and it's so nice to see some other person in the throes of creativity crossed with a nice case of OCD detailing.  Just make sure Mikey D., doesn't come by.... it drives him nuts...

My letter is about your trunk latch.  Is that one of the HT-002 trunk latches that were talked about a few days ago?  Also, have you added a solenoid control to it, for "in cabin" control?

If you have, could you forward any pictures of the details to me?  Any fabrication details, or difficulties will be especially interesting to me.  Personally I've taken the original trunk latch and converted it to cable operation with a solenoid.  That's in addition to the key lock/unlock, and the exterior pushbutton control.

Which brings up the last question; with the new latch, do you still have the OEM method of locking, and opening from the exterior?

Thanks for your time, and for sharing,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"