[DeTomaso] Nobody sells a long-throw slave anymore?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Sep 9 03:40:42 EDT 2009

Asa, it is always possible to sleeve the original cylinder down.
Either by using steel, aluminium or another cylinder that is
turned down on the outside. I have been using old Volvo slaves
a number of times. Put the sleeve in and secure it with Loc Tite.
That way you also use the original bracket and cylinder.
The piston is just round steel with a cut-out for the rubber seal.
Anyone having a turner could do the job. You need to buy a rubber
O-ring off course.
Goran

Talked with Bob Byers at Precision ProFormance, he tried to locate a
long-throw slave for me, said they aren't made anymore and nobody
really needs them as long as the system is set up correctly.

Does nobody sell the long-throw anymore?

Asa Jay