[DeTomaso] Italian Concours monsoon suggestion

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Sep 7 22:40:18 EDT 2009

That's what's so interesting; there are holes along the underside of the frame and at the base of the shock towers, etc.  All of that was done when the rear frame was completely re-done and new shock towers replaced the old, rusty ones.  I have a feeling that even with the drain holes in all the strategic places, there is still water lurking in the frame which can only be removed by force (of air).

Today the car sat at another show where for about an hour the sky let loose with a downpour.  That was between sunny periods, however, so the drive to and from the show was dry.  When I got home today, no water came out of the frame when I "reverse vacuumed" it.  This leads me to believe the water only gets into the frame while driving through rain.

Sincerely,

Chris