[DeTomaso] average cost th have a clutch installed

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:03:29 EDT 2009

Sounds like a job for your local POCA club chapter!

Cost?  How much food and beer can they really consume?

In PCNC we have replaced a clutch just for something to do at one of the
parties (tech sessions)!

Chuck

Although I know many of you would never consider paying someone to do this
for you I have no choice having neither the space, adequate tools or
expertise to do it myself. I don't know if I need a new clutch,I am having
problems similar to Asa Jays and I am preparing myself for the worst (
Murphy's Law) I am  wondering what I might expect and what is a "fair" price
to pay to have the labor done . (I know there will certainly be a difference
in the potential labor rates between New York and other nicer places to live
but I am stuck here  and at the very least I can fantasize about how nice it
would be to live some where where getting a clutch installed didn't  require
a second mortgage. You can leave out the cost of parts but if anyone cares
to make suggestions or recommend particular clutch assemblies to buy or
avoid I would be happy to hear your opinion.
I have read too many horror stories about people who bought a new clutch
that was cheaper or "just like" the Pantera clutch but not exactly the same
, and then after pulling their engine and transaxle doing the entire job and
putting it back together the clutch didn't work! This is an experience I
would hope to avoid.

Boyd