[DeTomaso] DICK RUZZIN /Re: Mangusta owner's manual question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 15:15:46 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/7/09 12 05 53, Dickruzzindesign writes:

> It is around two liters.
> Very easy to check.  At the very back, on the END of the black cast iron
> end cover is an angled plug, right side.
>
>>>True on the Dash-1 in the Mangusta, not so on the Dash-2.   There is a
boss cast in the back cover which I believe is probably where the plug goes.
 If you look at this photo from Mike Dailey's site:

http://www.panteraplace.com/Tech%20Info/ZF%2018.jpg

You can see a round, flat spot on the upper left side of the back cover
(which would be the bottom right in the Mangusta).   I assume that's where your
fill plug is?

> When the transmission is FULL, fluid will start to come out of this
> opening.  Fill on the side plug that is above the rear angled plug slightly
> forward of the end cover, right side.
>
>>>This question is inspired by a guy who has a Dash-2 ZF in a GT40,
running in the original GT40/Mangusta configuration.   Because his his gearbox
came from a Pantera it is lacking little things like this fill plug.

Is there any way you (or some other Mangusta guy) could send me a photo of
that plug?   That would be very helpful to graphically illustrate the proper
fill point.