[DeTomaso] Windscreen

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 13:50:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/7/09 5:34:16 AM, torbjorn.harlem at elverhoy.no writes:

> I recall that it was a lot of welding and so.

The Hall-type flush windshield needed a lot of welding, but apparently
Wilkinson's assembly fits in the stock space. To do that, it must be a slightly
larger piece of glass than stock. I haven't seen the installation but if you
talk to Wilkinson directly, he likely has photos you can access.
Once you remove your present glass, look carefully at the bottom of the
glass channel just forward of the dashboard. Many Panteras have collected water
under the gasket and there's severe rust- sometimes clear thru the metal
into the cabin. Welding or brazing is needed to fix before any glass is
reinstalled. A careful welder can do this witjout pulling the dashboard. I
wouldn't depend on body-filler sealing off such damage. Good luck- J DeRyke