[DeTomaso] This time with LINK Re: Follow up, with photos Re: Clutch woes in Asa's garage

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Sep 7 02:04:04 EDT 2009

Unless you moved the arm on the shaft between photos P9060014 and
P9060015, I see a problem. The set screw should have a clearance of
about 1/8" in P9060015. What is shown is excessive.

The internal spring in the slave is designed to take up any slack in the
mechanism, and it has to be weaker than the external spring.

I think it is easiest to adjust the clutch operation with the external
spring removed. That way you can see that you have proper clearance at
the set screw, and you will have the best pedal feel. If you can't get
things to work properly in this way, there is no way it will work with
the external spring in place. Just make sure you install the external
spring afterwards, or you'll be looking at a throwout bearing
replacement in a short while.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21