[DeTomaso] Clutch woes in Asa's garage

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Sep 6 21:05:16 EDT 2009

Barry,

That's a good theory, but for me, it comes in two parts.

First, I had the disc that -was- in the car, "relined" (replace the
friction material only).  So, assuming the clutch disc in the car was
the proper type/style for a Pantera, then all I did was have new
material put on it.

Now, if the disc was -not- the correct one to start with, meaning the
marcel springs were not the correct type/style for a Pantera, then all I
did was re-line the wrong clutch disc.

This is why I'm asking what the thickness of a stock clutch disc for a
Pantera is supposed to be.  I measured this one at about 0.340".  Is
that too thick?  Nobody seems to be able to answer me on that one.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA