[DeTomaso] pressure and overflow tanks

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 01:07:04 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/5/09 13 38 6, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Something we all sometimes overlook is,
> heat transfer is more-or-less constant in reference to ambient temp: a car
> that
> runs 180F at 80F ambient will run 200 (or more) at 100F ambient with no
> other changes.

Only if the cooling system is marginal.   A proper cooling system should
have enough headroom to keep engine temperatures under control regardless of
outside temperature; that's with a thermostat and radiator working together.

My Pantera with its old-school Hall Pantera radiator and Meriah pusher fans
runs down the road at 190 degrees +/- 10 degrees whether it's 60 degrees or
110 degrees outside (radiator temps verified with a heat gun).