[DeTomaso] Tailight Lenses

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 20:07:13 EDT 2009

Ian,

Since the stock lenses were a thin veneer of colored plastic, I assume
you have the reproduction lenses.

Can you confirm that your lenses are repro?  Look at the red reflector
in the lens and see if it says 'SUPERREFLEX'.

Those are the repros made by PV in Italy.  Faking would be another
reason why I only deal in OEM lenses for my GRP 4 tail light business;
their quality and crispness is not up to OEM standards.

As for re-tinting, eBay shows a bunch of spray red tint, but  amber/
yellow only in adhesive plastic sheets.

Larry