[DeTomaso] MythBusters

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Sep 5 07:26:52 EDT 2009

I would not think of telling what people think of me here at home, but
it would certainly be a history of measurements. But rather than that
the people would not have seen that I exist.
Buying a car ready to take parts from is being right meant purely
economic, since there are quantity discount. In my book on how to build
a racing car, so I pointed out the need to produce all the parts myself,
because what to buy always has dimensions or geometric properties that
do not fit what you intended to build. Then it becomes the parts you
bought that will govern the building as much as the ideas you have. So
it is only good economically but in terms of construction, an error.
Satisfaction for me is to see how my very own design work, not to
assemble a car with parts that are available for purchase.
But all is, that I have already pointed out, an issue on which person
you are and what background you currently have. 20 years ago or so, it
did fits me perfect using purchased parts.

Goran