[DeTomaso] More on Cooling

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Sep 5 06:29:34 EDT 2009

The idea seems to be similar to the design I used earlier,
when I had a three-way valve near the pipes to the condenser.
The tubes in the valve was the same as the other tubes and
was able to circulate all the water to either the radiator
or directly back to the engine, or a mix, with the same flow.
The valve was regulated by a small thermostatically
controlled electric motor.
Now, we would even want to have a restriction on Now the water
route out of the engine to get a pressure differential in the
system where the pressure is slightly higher in the engine,
but preferably without affecting the flow.
Where is my theory that it is better with a higher pressurization
of the whole system than charging pressure difference by
overburdening the circulation in the system.
Goran

If you have a remote bypass thermostat you will always have coolant
circulating through the engine, even when the thermostat is closed, and
the engine will warm up evenly.

Thomas