[DeTomaso] NPC Watched nice newer looking 'Clunkers' being crushed today

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:08:01 EDT 2009

The CARS program had the following rules ( just a part of them )
The car had to be on the approved list
The person trading it in had to show proof that they had owned it for the
last twelve months
It had to be running and licensed with tags and insurance.

Once traded in, the dealer poured a substance called "Liquid Glass" into the
crankcase while the cars idled, in a few minutes the engine will seize.

They just "Killed the car"

Now they have less than 30 days to sell it to a salvage yard operator or re
cycler.

A salvage yard operator can keep the remains for up to 180 days from the
date that it died to pull parts off or it for resell.

at 180 days or before, the remains must be crushed, shredded or otherwise
disposed of with no exceptions.

That was the bad dream that 700,000 cars had in the last two months, once
proud possessions, loved and groomed, washed and waxed, with great pride
taken in their acquisition, some body's first new car, somebody else's first
car,

it is a sad end to a mechanical life, if cars had a spirit, I'd hope the
disembodied autos swarm 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in Washington Dc and haunt the
place until they can't stand it and move out.

Michael Shortt.