[DeTomaso] Fwd: head drilling for air release

MACHWIL at aol.com MACHWIL at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 19:02:06 EDT 2009

I would guess my installation of a Mesiere electric water pump is at least
4 years old. I also moved my alternator lower and behind the drivers seat,
thus  a flat firewall panel.

 The remote pump is located behind and below the passenger side so the
lowest point of the plumbing is a 45 degree elbow which feeds the pump. That
elbow is the lowest point of the entire cooling system. I've never had the
car  over 200 degrees yet, except the first summer when I covered the
radiator, let  the car idle until it got to 240 degrees. Shut off the engine, turned
on the  ignition switch and watched the pump and fans run for 5 minutes.
The water  temp was 140 degrees. Makes a good safety net.

Obviously  I'm happy with the set-up.

I've always drilled several small holes in the thermostat plate. Done it
for ever. I don't know if that's the reason I've never had a problem with air
in  the system or not.

FWIW

Bud Williams
6556