[DeTomaso] head drilling for air release

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:47:03 EDT 2009

This thread has really gone adrift here... kinda' sorta'...

The pump I got was the Meziere remote 55gpm version. You could do with
the smaller version, no problem. Depends on your HP rating...
I think it is 30gpm. www.meziere.com will get you the info. You'll
have to call them for pricing.

I paid $600, I think, for the pump and fittings. Add on more for the
braided line and other fittings.
It isn't low cost.

I probably spent around 25 hours total, but I had to disassemble the
front of the car to get the original coolant tube out and run the new
lines.

Be aware that they also have an engine mounted solution that just
bolts on in place of your original pump. They even have an idler
pulley set up if you want to keep your belt setup. The engine mounted
pumps are cheaper. I think around $450.
This solution also would reduce installation time to a couple of hours.