[DeTomaso] MythBusters

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:37:47 EDT 2009

I've never watched a full edisode of the TV show, MYTHBUSTERS - but there is an article in "Popular Mechanics" about the show and its two stars, Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage, and I'm a sucker for articles about people who "do" things - tackle projects, solve all the problems, and complete them.
Part of the article is about the two stars' backgrounds and upbringing, and the rest of the article is about what they do in their TV show.
And, I'm sitting there reading, and my "light bulb" blinks on - it dawns on me that you boys in the Pantera community are following in the long line of tinkers, builders, boys who took everything apart as kids, the Howard Hughes's of the world.  Imagine the first dude who looked at a rock and visualized a wheel inside of it.
I'm amazed as I read the email posts back and forth about how you solve the most basic, "I can make a better 'nut' problem," to building a complete race motor, almost from iron ore.  Congratulations!  My hat's off to you.
---Bill Lewis