[DeTomaso] long throw slave cylinder

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 23:13:34 EDT 2009

All the vendors sell their version of the long throw slave.

Key here is volume displacement of each and ratio of the bores. I think I read previously you had the CNC Master, which I have on my GT5 and for which I spent some time resolving clutch disengagement issues. The CNC Master is 3/4" bore vs. the 1" stock master bore, so for equivalent stroke it delivers less volume and therefore your slave moves less, which provides for less clutch disengagement. If you currently have a stock slave then a long throw with it's reduced bore will correct this problem to some extent, but still not as much as a stock Master mated with a long throw slave.

Julian