[DeTomaso] T-Stat action

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:08:54 EDT 2009

I had one in a Honda that failed 'open'.  I noticed that it took forever to warm up,
which was different that it was like "before".  So I changed the T-stat, problem solved.

Most (all?) T-stats have a spring that closes it, pushing against the part
that opens at the temp limit.  So I believe the common error is for the opener to fail.

I often get the 'weird' failures, keeps life interesting.  I think mine had a broken
spring.

Chuck

>For reasons known only to thermostat manufacturers, thermostats always fail
CLOSED.

Although I agree with the sentiment, how often would you notice if one
failed to close?