[DeTomaso] Thermostat question

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Sep 2 21:05:12 EDT 2009

I remove the brass plate.  Sometimes they come out easy enough with a
screwdriver.  If not, I have a carriage bolt just smaller than the hole that
I use to pry the plate out.  I hammer a 3/4 inch freeze plug into the brass
plate, return it to the block and use JB-Weld to secure the plate in the
block and the plug in the plate.
Then a std thermostat is used.