[DeTomaso] 351C 4bolt main shortblock for sale +.030

Tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Wed Sep 2 20:40:20 EDT 2009

There's probably a higher concentration of people gobbling up Cleves there
than here in NJ.
For sure they will be getting scarcer.
When the price of Cleves climbs much more, there just won't be a reason left
to run them hard.
Windsor-based short blocks will be the way to go.  Some will say that day
has already arrived.
I'm still one of the nuts building Cleves.  I have a 393 and a 383 stroker
in process.  Block prep cost me $1000.  I bought Scat rotating assemblies.
I might as well have bought a Windsor crate short block!
Keep up the Cleveland fight!
BTW, I don't get why folks still covet the 4-bolt mains.  It ain't a chevy.