[DeTomaso] Thermostat question

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 19:14:52 EDT 2009

That's my understanding too-- engines are designed to have the proper clearances when the metal is a certain temp, usually about 195 deg.

At 160 the engine is too cool. There is therefore not a good idea to install a t-stat of that type.?

If the problem is inadequate cooling capacity of the cooling system this will not help because?it cannot open further than a 195 deg stat.

Jim Oddie