[DeTomaso] Thermostat question

Jim Gray grayjim at att.net
Wed Sep 2 14:53:55 EDT 2009

Does anyone know if there exits a Cleveland-specific 160 deg thermostat?  More than one engine builder says to use such a thermostat but I also think they substitute the restrictor in the bypass circuit with one that has a much smaller hole.  One such brass restrictor that I saw from Dennis Quella had a hole no larger than 1/4 inch.  I did not look at the 160 deg. thermostat being used but I suspicion that it was not Cleveland-specific with the little hat we all talk about.

Can the brass restrictor be replaced easily, or at least without too much difficulty?

Jim Gray