[DeTomaso] Thanks everyone for the encouragement Re: I blew up my car

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Sep 2 01:08:27 EDT 2009

Okay, the selling comment was to just "get it off my chest,"  I feel
much better now.

Please understand that I've been fighting that old cooling system
problem off and on for 10 years.  First I find my fans are on
backwards.  Then I find they are wired wrong and sucking are from the
front instead of pushing.  I change radiator caps, bleed and burp the
system, replace the radiator, etc.  Now, while it's down for other work,
I fix the radiator up with sucker fans, replace all the tubing and
hoses, find the heater nipple on the block rusted away, find the
radiator cap won't hold 9 lb, find the water neck screwed up, find holes
in the overflow tank, etc.  I figure I got this nailed.

It was extremely frustrating to see it do that today as I'm running
around the car trying to figure out why, trying to figure out if coolant
is actually circulating through the radiator, or through the heater core
(which I was attempting to check just as the whole thing blew).

So I'll take a couple of days off to cool off, spend some time with the
family and attack it again this weekend, which by the way... is a three
dayer.  :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie