[DeTomaso] I blew up my car

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Wed Sep 2 00:45:59 EDT 2009

 AJ,

It is not uncommon for a system that has been empty to get air pockets that keep the coolant from circulating. I always watch the temp gage and when it gets to about 220 F I shut it down and let things cool off. Then it usually takes a gallon or more of coolant. It helps to leave the heater hose that feeds from the block off until coolant runs out but there can still be some air. Just keep cycling and it will eventually work it's way out. I don't understand why the overflow tank would fail. It should be vented and not see any pressure. As others have said don't quit now you are almost there.
Forest
 -------------- Original message from Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com>: --------------