[DeTomaso] NPC - NHRA oldies (1958-59)

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 30 10:33:44 EDT 2009

This comes under the heading "of interest only to a small circle of
folks", featuring a glimpse of the past and the pioneers of drag
racing.  Quite a difference from todays races.

These clips feature action at the 1958/59 NHRA National in Detroit,
Michigan. There are shots of George Montgomery, The "Sidewinder", the
"Dragmaster" Art Arfons' "Green Monster" and many others in action in
Detroit. I had no idea such footage existed.

Internet Archive: Free Download: Ingenuity in Action (Part I)
<http://www.archive.org/details/Ingenuit1958>

Internet Archive: Free Download: Ingenuity in Action (Part II)
<http://www.archive.org/details/Ingenuit1958_2>

Dick Koch - Atlanta