[DeTomaso] Rust - does it go away?

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Thu Oct 29 16:16:21 EDT 2009

The procedure for using POR-15 goes something like this ...

1) Use Simply Green, Marine Clean, and scrapers and brushes to get all dirt and grease off the metal surface.

2) Use Metal prep to etch the surface. I found this step to do little, but I did it anyway.

3) Paint on the POR-15 (with brush).

4) Paint on Chassis coat. This is good for exposed surfaces (frame rails, inner fenders, under coat) but not required for interior metal.

After a full season of driving - around 4500 miles and, yes, a few times in the rain - my POR-15 still looks like new. If I wanted to remove it, I am not sure how I would do so without using a grinder. I even painted a little bit on my under body (without cleaning the surface) and it held just fine.

That's just the truth according to me, however.

EA