[DeTomaso] Connecting A High Torque/Gear Reduction Starter InAPantera

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:56:44 EDT 2009

Mike,
This is exactly what Joe Perrucci did with his black car and he had an issue with the
starter not working sporadically when warm.

>>>Joe also did this to my car when he owned it, and it has/had the same hot start
problem.  Maybe someday I'll install that starter I bought from you about 12 years ago
Mike.

Chuck

After struggling for a couple years we reinstalled a stock style solenoid as described by
SOBill and he never had a problem again. I surmise that the starter mounted solenoid has a
higher current draw than the stock style and with old wiring there was enough resistance
to keep the solenoid from actuating. Your scheme should work if everything is in tip top
condition but splices have a tendancy to create resistance over time.
 -------------- Original message from MikeLDrew at aol.com: --------------