[DeTomaso] NPC - Always wanted a DeLorean? POSSIBLE SCAM

Jim & Emilia jes at riverdeltawireless.com
Wed Oct 28 21:10:18 EDT 2009

Hi Nolan,

I saw your post on the deTomaso forum and thought I'd better give you a
head's up.  Emilia and I have been on a few outings with the DeLorean
chapter and we both think we recognize the license plate.  I was surprised
to see the car in Mass with that plate.  One of our chapter members is a
major player in the DeLorean clubs.  I've sent him an email to verify that
this is a legit auction.  You may want to stop or change your bit limit, to
protect yourself, in case this is a scam auction.

The license on the back of the ebay DeLorean appears to be wrong in a number
of aspects.  First I don't think there are any 8 digit vanity plates in
California (I may be wrong on this, but I don't think so).  All of our
personal cars are 7 digit vanity, JIMSCAT, JHSTBAD, and LADYDDS.  Second,
the license plate looks chopped off on the left side.  Compare it to the
license on Ken's car (OUTTIME).
http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/2008-Areospace/IMG_0016.JPG   It may
have been photoshopped into the photo.  Third is the year tag in the upper
right corner.  Looks to me as it's either year 89 or 99.  Also our current
tags have the expiration year as a 4 digit number, like 2010.  Also note the
orange/yellow hashing under the California on the top.  That does not appear
to be right either.

Ken's website homepage is, http://www.time-traveler.org/delorean/

I'll let you know what Ken tells me, as soon as he responds

Jim

Jim & Emilia Seiferling
Co-Presidents, Capitol Panteras
http://www.capitolpanteras.org
jes at riverdeltawireless.com
#1575 [JHSTBAD]
#7114 [JIMS CAT]
WB6BET-Jim
KI6YYT-Emilia
Life goal: To be the person my dog thinks I am.

"You're never too old to do goofy stuff."
                ~Ward Cleaver